The Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC) is in the very early stages of developing the next State Plan for Independent Living (Years 2024-2026). As an initial step, the Council has created a Needs Assessment in both English and Spanish. The SILC would like your help in getting responses from Consumers by August 31st. The results of this Needs Assessment survey will help drive decisions about the goals and objectives for the next SPIL.
VAIL is excited to announce the merger of the Harrisonburg Cardinals wheelchair basketball team into VAIL’s adaptive sports program.
The Cardinals compete in the National Wheelchair Basketball Association. The team offers an opportunity for individuals in the area with spinal cord injuries or other permanent lower limb disabilities to have a competitive, recreational outlet.
Join us for a HUGE yard sale this Friday! Items from VAIL and at least 8 families!
Friday, June 3, 2022 – 8 AM to 7 PM
3210 Peoples Drive, Suite 220, Harrisonburg VA
See some of the many items for sale on our Facebook Event.
Virginia Department of Elections has published a Voter Pocket Guide with all of the information you need about the upcoming elections, including:
- Absentee ballot and in person voting
- Accessibility information
- Acceptable forms of ID
- What to expect at the polls
- Voter rights
- Contact information
Program Support Specialist
Valley Associates for Independent Living, Inc. (VAIL) is hiring for a part-time Program Support Specialist. Duties include general administrative and reception duties, data entry and database maintenance, assisting other staff as needed, maintaining files, assistance in planning and implementing special events and fund-raising activities, developing and disseminating newsletter, and handling bulk mailing. Hiring for 10-30 hours/week. Pay range: $10-$12/hour.
- Previous experience should include working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, databases, and web-based applications.
- Safe and reliable vehicle to meet the duties of this position. Clear driving record and adequate vehicle insurance.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to utilize the telephone, internet, and email
- Ability to access information and resources
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals both in person and in writing
- Ability to work independently and use independent judgment
- Ability to deliver information, file, and maintain appropriate records
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with businesses, other agencies, and funding sources
- Ability to attend functions throughout the Commonwealth as needed
- Strong organizational and writing skills
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Position open until filled.